EXCELLENT TRANSPORT AND CONNECTIONS
The Adolfo Suárez – Madrid Barajas Airport is the second in Europe for its capacity and the sixth for passenger traffic.
The Spanish High Speed network is the second largest in the world with more than 3,100 km in length.
The dense radial network of more than 15,000 km of highways and motorways of Spain converges in Madrid, which continues to expand.
With 301 stations and 294 km of travel, the Madrid metro is the second underground network in Europe and eighth in the world.
A LARGE, MODERN MARKET
- The Services Sector represents 88.7% of GDP and its expansion is the engine for the growth of the city.
- Foreign operators carry out 85% of transactions in the Madrid Stock Exchange.
- In 2017, 20,434 companies started their activity in Madrid, 21.6% of those created in Spain.
INNOVATIVE AND SUSTAINABLE ECOSYSTEM.
- Madrid is at the forefront of all telecommunications and information society indicators in Spain.
- The Madrid City Council is committed to the smart sourcing of public services.
- Madrid is recognized as one of the four most sustainable cities in Spain.
- In Madrid, there are 4.5 million m2 available and more than 10 million in projects for parks and scientific and technological clusters.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED HUMAN CAPITAL.
- 30% of the population between 24 and 65 years old has university studies.
- Madrid is home to the headquarters of the main Spanish companies, universities and research centres in materials science and nanotechnology.
- 23.2% of Spanish researchers work and live in Madrid.
- Madrid is the administrative and economic capital of Spain.
- It is the main city of the Iberian Peninsula, the gateway to direct and immediate access to a market of almost 60 million consumers of high purchasing power and in continuous growth.
- 75% of transport and distribution companies, Spanish and international, are headquartered in Madrid
GATEWAY TO EUROPE AND LATIN AMERICA
- Madrid is the third largest city in the European Union behind London and Berlin.
- Madrid is an excellent bridge that unites Europe, Latin America and the Mediterranean, an incomparable place to access more than 1.300 million customers.
- Spain and Madrid are the gateway to the EU, the largest market in the world with 500 million consumers and a per capita income of $ 30,000 per year.
A STABLE AND PREDICTABLE SOCIAL, FISCAL AND LABOR ENVIRONMENT
- The Administrative Loads Reduction Plan simplifies the requirements for the creation and operation of companies.
- Most of the administrative, customs and fiscal procedures are carried out via telematics.
- Spain has a stable and modern legal framework, harmonized with EU standards, which guarantees the legal security of companies and investors and facilitates the development of business.
MADRID, UNIQUE QUALITY OF LIFE.
- Madrid is an open city to all cultures in which people of 181 nationalities coexist.
- Of the 60,430 hectares of Madrid, 21,830 are green areas.
- Madrid is one of the cities with the largest number of spaces devoted to art.
- Madrid offers 83,164 hotel beds and more than 15,000 restaurants, cafes and bars, satisfying all tastes and budgets.